Spraying Water

When we flush our toilet, water sprays out of the bowl and on to the floor or all over the toilet seat. How do we stop this?

Reply to
reneetucker81

Learn to aim properly.

Reply to
diy-newby

HaHa very funny, its water spraying when the new water comes down from the tank.

Reply to
reneetucker81

It is worth checking the outlet holes under the rim and the ridge under the rim using a small mirror for signs of anything that is obstructing or disrupting the water flow. If you are in a hard water area you might find limescale. You can try reducing the volume and therefore the pressure of water that falls when you flush; a brick in the cistern will reduce the volume by about a litre, and if you have a hollow plastic ball float on a metal arm you can bend the arm/float down to further reduce the amount of water that fills the cistern to make the water inlet valve shut off sooner. If none of that works that leaves a plastic 'collar' that fits around the rim to deflect the water downwards. These aren't available to buy, I made one from some flexible plastic sheet material about 2mm/one eighth of an inch thick.

Reply to
DIY

Has it always been like this, or has it happened lately? If it's always been like that, have you got a high-level cistern (yes I know they're rare nowadays) with a pan meant for a low-level cistern?

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat