Glueless Hardwood Flooring

Can glueless hardwood flooring be installed over existing vinyl? What holds it down if glue is not used? I can lay vinyl both sheet and squares so do you think I could lay flooring? E mail works for me

TIA Andy Franklin, Tn

Reply to
andy anderson

Sure it all snaps together like a big puzzle only hard part cutting around stuff.

Reply to
PoCambo

Gravity. The same thing that holds down a area rug.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Yes but we removed a vinyl floor when installing laminate and the plastic smell underneath it was incredible. I'll never put vinyl in another home. Clearly if it out gasses so much underneath some of it must be getting into the home air.

Reply to
Art Begun

You should be able to pout it down easily. The main thing is to make sure the floor is reasonably level---otherwise it will be difficult.

Do not purchase Formica brand---that's one of the few laminates/glueless that's nearly impossible for a homeowner to put down. I tried, ended up hiring a professional---and many refused to touch the stuff.

Reply to
BKS