GFCI outlet

GFCI outlet in bath works fine except for the hairdryer. It will not work only on that outlet. Other outlets both GFCI and duplex the dryer works fine.
Jay Paxton wrote:

My guess is that the hairdryer has a leak. Do you have one of those "plug-in" duplex outlet testers that has a GFCI test (I think they cost less than $10)?
On Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 10:46:33 PM UTC-4, Bill wrote:

We need to know more. What does he mean by it doesn't work? Does it trip th e gfci? Odd that even with a ground fault a hand held dryer would trip it, all the ones I've seen are insulated, plastic grip, so I don't see the path for a ground fault.
Do you have one of

On Thu, 2 Aug 2018 13:42:04 -0700 (PDT), trader_4

GFI receptacle or breaker?