Generators and Electronic Furnace Controllers

Generators produce "nasty" electricity. Ok for lights and motors, but not "clean" enough for anything electronic like a TV, computer, or anything which has an electronic controller like your furnace.

So place a power line conditioner or your UPS (many have a power line conditioner built in) between the generator and your electronic devices.

I connect my generator to my UPS when the power goes out and the UPS screams like a stuck pig (due to poor quality electricity), but everything electronic runs fine.

Reply to
Bill

It's kinda like watching a little kid going up to a hot stove for the very first time. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

jamesgangnc posted for all of us...

How would you like to be back fed you fundy idiot?

Reply to
Tekkie®

Rick Brandt posted for all of us...

220 - 221 whatever it takes...
Reply to
Tekkie®

Christopher; That doesnt make sense... You spray ether or starting fluid into the carb, not the actual air filter. Putting it into the spark plug hole is an option but not normally taken.

What did they do to the motor?

Tom

Storm> I like to run em dry.

Reply to
tksirius

The relative who had spray ether into the spark hole, it dried out the cylinder walls. The piston froze up. After breaking the piston loose with a large wrench on the flywheel nut, the motor was able to start up and run for about half second. Then it threw a piston rod.

Ether on the air filter delivers only vapor into the cylinder, much less likely to dry out the cylinder wall.

The generator was sold on ebay for about $75.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Well, nobody said he had to spray the whole can into the engine. Just one little spritz will get 'er going if the spark is there (and timed correctly).

Reply to
DIMwit