[SOLVED] Generator backfeed revisited

Tom H

Reply to
Tom Horne

[snipped]

I posted about the generlink several weeks ago. Dominion Virginia Power wants $995.00 for it installed. They will not lease it. You buy it and can take it with you if/when you relocate. It is nice in that you manage your generator load from your existing circuit breaker panel. However, it is a bit too costly for me.

Reply to
Newby

bypass" meter pan?

door of meter pan (Which physically disconnects meter from utility source)

-Inside side access is a recessed 20 or 30 or 40 (to match generator's rating) ampere male plug. -Attach female end of extention cord to meter bypass outlet

-Attach male end of cord to generator.

"punch" the cord out of the side input socket and the door would spring shut. Another option: a fireman switch on the door cover which would shut down the genset if the door isn't open.

Reply to
Liazard