gasoline for lawnmower

Yes. That is what I said. I did not, however, say what you pretended I said.

Your "challenge" was equally intellectually dishonest.

Reply to
salty

replying to salty, Steve wrote: I used hi test gas in my new toro mower and it?s hard to start. When it did start it sputtered like crazy. Then it wouldn?t start. What should I do?

Reply to
Steve

Since it's new, call up the store where you bought it and ask them how to return it. The gas isn't your problem, unless the can had water in it, debris, etc. Mowers will run with regular or hi test, no difference . There is a difference between ethanol free gas and gas that has ethanol. But that makes no difference when the gas is fresh. If it sits around for months, gas with alcohol will absorb water, which then turns into gunk and can foul the carb.

Reply to
trader_4

Check the oil ? Check the spark plug ? Check the fuel shut-off valve ? Check the air filter ? .. check that it's not an electric mower ! :-) John T.

Reply to
hubops

There is compression ratio difference between cars and that would make me wonder. Cars require higher octane.

Reply to
Frank

That's correct. Higher octane allows higher compression ratio without pre-ignition occurring, which is a problem and can cause engine damage. If an engine doesn't have high compression, (the mower does not), then either regular or hi test will work the same. The high test gas is not his problem.

Reply to
trader_4

... it is - if it's a diesel engine ! :-) .. how little we actually know .. .. it's from HomeOwnersHub - 'nuff said.. John T.

Reply to
hubops

You get diesel mowers?! I thought small diesel engines weren't worthwhile.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Watch u think about this small diesel?

Juan Deere

That's not a mower, that's a tractor!

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

hubops

You silly American, that's a tractor, THIS is a mower:

ller-lawnmower.html

-- =

A bunch of lawyers were sitting around the office playing poker. =E2=80=9CI win!=E2=80=9D says Johnson at which point Henderson throws do= wn his cards. =E2=80=9CThat=E2=80=99s it! I've had it! Johnson is che= ating!!!=E2=80=9D =E2=80=9CHow can you tell?=E2=80=9D Phillips asked. =E2=80=9CThose aren't the cards I dealt him!=E2=80=9D

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Check what the manufacturer says to use and use it.

Surprisingly, Echo calls for mid-grade in their hand-held leaf blowers. Can't for the life of me figure how a puny little two stroke engine like that causes pre-ignition on regular gas.

Reply to
Wade Garrett

The reason many recommend premiumfor 2 stroke (and even 4 stroke) lawn mowers is in MANY areas Premium has less or no ethanol. Ethanol is no good for mixed gas (2 strokes) and can damage older carburetor/fuel systemparts. It also absorbs water and can separate out (which is REAL BAD on 2 strokes.

Also, adding oil to gasoline for 2 strokes significantly reduces the octane rating.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Kubota makes them down to 18 hp.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

That's a bloody powerful mower (13kW). My electric mower is 1kW.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

ROFL

This from the guy that just the other day was arguing that you needed more than 1800 watts for handheld power tools used around the house, that 120V @ 15A here in the USA wasn't enough. Now he says he has a mower that's only 1000 watts. Go figure.

Reply to
trader_4

I always thought you sounded Irish, Ron.

Reply to
Doug Laidlaw

You big girl's blouse.

Reply to