Gas Heater Question

Just had a new gas furnace installed this spring. This is the first time it has been running to warn the entire house (house in Wisconsin) and the kitchen window fogs up. Didn't do that before.....anything I should be concerned about?

TIA Bg

Reply to
Bob G

If you don't have headaches and it is only the first day, it is not likely a problem. On the other hand if it has been several days and if you have had any headaches, it could be a very serious problem.

In normal operation gas furnaces do not add moisture to the air. If they do it is an indication that the are not venting properly and that means you are libel to have CO poisoning now or later. This one you don't want to take a chance on as it can kill without notice.

I suggest that if you do not have an operating CO detector, go out TODAY and get one and use it. It is a good idea to have even if you don't suspect something. I have two. I was once with a group that suffered exposure. I know how easy it is to have a problem and how you are likely not to notice it until it is too late, we were lucky.

It would not be unusual for a window or two to fog up the first day or two when the heat is first turned on.

I suspect that window is thermo-pane or at least is a storm window. If the seal has been lost is is now cold out side for the first time this year and you are just now noticing it.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan