Garage floor options

paint peels, stain doesnt nor does tile.

Reply to
ransley

here's the mfr's info

I have never used the particular Rustoleum product you are considering.

I have used Rustoleum 9100 Series DTM Industrial Mastic for concrete floors with great success. Garages, shop & laboratory floors.

You can search this group for more info on the product.

Reply to
BobK207

Go for the tile. It's more durable and will look better in the long run.

Reply to
Caesar Romano

I've used a two part industrial epoxy on three garage floors now, and it looks/works great. The first & second garages both are over 10 years old and still have a great, high gloss finish. It takes about 4 gallon sets (1 gallon of part A and one of part B) to do a deep three car garage. Each set costs around $100.

I also know someone who just did a high build (about 1/4 inch) epoxy like finish. It looks great and is supposed to wear well. That cost around $2K for a two car garage (installed).

Reply to
Robert Neville

As with any coating, 90% of the effort is in the prep. If you have a seriously oil stained floor, you need to do some serious cleaning, which may of may not include shot blasting the concrete.

At a minimum, you need to acid etch, neutralize and TSP it.

Reply to
Robert Neville

Epoxy, due to the fact that it will stop the hydrostatic pressue in the slab, rather than having condensation form under a rubber mat on concrete. Tile IMO is overkill and too costly, especially after the first time your kid (or you) spills a can of paint on the floor. You can sift sand onto the wet epoxy for slip control as you paint with a flour sifter, or get/make sanded epoxy. In our area some of the lawn sprinkler companies have added garage floor coating services as a way to fill their off-season work, they look pretty good with acid prep, etc.

Reply to
RickH

What's the point of throwing money on a TV, a car, a kitchen, or any other thing in the world? Because it's desired, that's why. I came here asking for opinions on the best floor for my garage becuase it's what I desire. I didn't come asking for opinions on whether or not I should desire it.

Reply to
nospam

Oh, I see what you mean. Interesting.

Reply to
nospam

Well, at least two offered opinions it's probably best off as is...

The other items listed at least have _some_ utility.

--

Reply to
dpb