garage floor coating - don't use this one

Hi-

I bought some epoxy paint from Home Depot, and coated my garage floor. A year later, it's all peeling away. I can't remember the brand, but its the only one they sell.

Alex

--

for daily postings of special online-only deals from Dell, Amazon, and more.

Reply to
An

If it is the "1-part" Behr floor coating, I have had it on my garage floor for 5 years without a mark on it. This is through Southern Canadian high

90's summers and 0 degree or lower winters with salt water dripping on the floor all winter.

It is all in the preparation, did you do it right? And did you use the required primer?

Reply to
Eric Tonks

as another posted said, its all in the prep, did you prep the floor before painting it, as per the instructions on the can???

Reply to
Punch

I work at HD and we've never had a "come back" on the Behr Epoxy garage floor paint. No question in my mind: the poster short-cutted the prep somewhere in the process.

Reply to
Curmudgeon

I don't know about your situation, but almost all complaints about epoxy garage floor paints come back to improper surface prep. It has to be perfect. OK is not good enough.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I painted my garage floor with a two part epoxy (Sears I believe) in

1977. It still looks fine. I spent a couple of days cleaning and acid washing the surface and then drying it before applying the epoxy.

I've seen floors that were not well prepared before painting and they were disasters.

RB

An wrote:

Reply to
RB

4 years ago when I painted my garage floor, there were at least two types of 2-part epoxy and at least one type of 1-part available at HD. I bought Rustoleum 2-part, acid etched the floor, and it's still perfect to this day. The concrete floor was newly poured one fall, and I coated it the next spring. So it was well-cured and still in pristine condition when I did it. YMMV

Ken

Reply to
Ken Carlson