Fuzzy Math

I've done that every day for 35+ years and still lost the ability to estimate the answer to such equations without a calculator.

I still have my '73 vintage HP45. It works but the power switch is really flaky. I bought an HP35S five years ago and use it daily. I also have the HP-11C emulator on my Android phone.

Reply to
krw

We're even, then. I don't care if they survive either.

On a hot July 3rd evening, ten years or so back, my wife and I were eating at a sidewalk restaurant. A new waiter served my beer and let the entire remainder of the tray tip and spill all over my wife. Since we were there to watch the fireworks later, she had to wear beer for hours. They wanted to comp us a (singular) desert in reparations. We don't eat desert, so said no and never returned. No second chances on my dime. There are too many other places that want my money more.

Reply to
krw

Someone else will figure it out. There are too many alternatives to worry about training a loser.

Reply to
krw

oh so many parents say that about their kids teachers

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

The ones I dislike are those that squat/kneel beside your table, say,"How are you guys tonight?", introduce themselves and tell me they will be our server for the night.

  1. Neither my wife nor I are guys. We aren't the waiter's contemporaries.
  2. I don't care what their name is. If I want them I just say, "Waiter!". Knowing their name has no effect on the tip.
  3. What else would they be other than the server? I have no interest in building a long term relationship with them.

The ones I like are those who bring food promptly, removing used plates first. The ones of whom you are never aware once they have taken your order. If you ever ate at the old Jack's in San Francisco, their waiters were what I like. Professionals.

Reply to
dadiOH

You are good at irrelevance.

Reply to
krw

Depends on the restaurant. In a fine restaurant, I don't want to even know the server exists. If I notice, it's because of bad service. OTOH, for a Friday night at the pizza place, we enjoy the company of the server. In fact, we've followed one around for a couple of years now. Everyone thinks we're her parents. ;-)

Reply to
krw

"we're"? What? Yer a husband and wife team pervs? ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

Sure. We tell them that we're not her parents, rather her groupies. ;-)

Reply to
krw

Poor Skipshite. He's so worked up he can't even pass up things I post in exchanges with other people.

Pathetic, really....

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

It is a public forum, lefty. If you don't like it, take it to email.

All Democrats are pathetic. Fortunately, I'm not one of you.

Reply to
krw