Furnace startup problem

I have a gas furnace in my attic, and I started the pilot light (which is hitting the thermocouple) but when it is supposed to go on, only a very slight blue flame emanates from the burner outlets and the fan does not come on. I can turn the fan on down at the thermostat, but only normal air blows out of the vents. I don't think it's a fan problem as the fan worked with the air conditioner.

The small blue flames are easily snuffed out by the slightest breeze.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Dan Perez

Open the gas valve? Start slapping parts on it in hopes something works? Call a licenced and insured company to check it and insure that its proper and safe?

Pick one?

Reply to
steve

Like maybe an old Bryant furnace with that nasty leaking oil filled gas valve? Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

It sounds like the main gas valve is stuck. This is pretty common with milivolt valves, although I'm not sure that's what you have. If you give it a stiff whack, and it opens, that's what it is. I'd have it replaced "Steve@carolinabreezehvac" wrote in message news:kdPqd.349$ snipped-for-privacy@eagle.america.net...

Reply to
RBM

Steve@carolinabreezehvac posted for all of us....

Hey Steve, ya missed the most popular. Replace the thermostat (LUX)!

Reply to
Tekkie

Nah..was giving some credit..OLOLOL

Reply to