Furnace problem

Fortunately it's hard-wall conduit and decent BX.

The entire house has had two major wiring upgrades and the few original circuits are just used for lighting.

The kitchen was the biggest challenge but now has completely separate circuits for the refrigerator, the microwave, the toaster and the coffee maker.

When I moved in here in 1979 the house had a 30amp 115v main panel!

Reply to
philo

On Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 12:43:22 AM UTC-6, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrot e:

We have a True Value in town that was a Gambles department store...the 2nd floor (only storage now) has knob and tube. The ceilings are probably 15 ft high and have bare copper on the knobs and branch off (with insulated wire ) to various fixtures. I haven't found any pictures to show how they were.. .maybe I should take some!

Reply to
bob_villa

Hi, Actually daughter has a picture of her house when it was built in 1912. Previous owner passed it on to her. Pretty faded but still in good shape in frame.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

department store...the 2nd floor (only storage now) has knob and tube. The ceilings are probably 15 ft high and have bare copper on the knobs and branch off (with insulated wire) to various fixtures. I haven't found any pictures to show how they were... maybe I should take some!

I'd like some photos. Sadly, they would think you are government agent, and they would likely be upset with you.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

They put it in this morning. Five hours total. The heat had dropped about 8 F by the time it was up and running ...not too bad.

Reply to
philo