Furnace is not turning on

Hi all, I have a Lennox 90UGF Series Unit and it is not starting up. I raise the thermostat temp a couple of degrees, and I can hear "something" turning on (sounds like either the fan or it's simply getting power) but I don't hear that "whosh" sound, even after it's been turned on for a while. Now, I did neglect the air filter for a few months (totally forgot about it) and when I replaced it yesterday, the old one was pretty dark with dust.

Hope someone can help.

Rob

Reply to
bombaj

Since you changed the filters, the first thing I would check is to make sure that the door panels are correctly in place. If they are not seated correctly, the door switch may be open. If it has a regular pilot light, I'd make sure that is lit too.

Reply to
trader4

Al, both LED's are flashing FAST, which, according to the label means that it's under normal operation.

When I first turned it on this morning, the right LED (#2) was flashing slowly but somehow the furnace was started and it was pumping heat for like 2 minutes. Then the burner (I assume it's the burner) turned off again.

Thanks for your help BTW, Rob

Reply to
bombaj

Al, both LED's are flashing FAST, which, according to the label means that it's under normal operation.

When I first turned it on this morning, the right LED (#2) was flashing slowly but somehow the furnace was started and it was pumping heat for like 2 minutes. Then the burner (I assume it's the burner) turned off again.

Thanks for your help BTW, Rob

Reply to
bombaj

Al, both LED's are flashing FAST, which, according to the label means that it's under normal operation.

When I first turned it on this morning, the right LED (#2) was flashing slowly but somehow the furnace was started and it was pumping heat for like 2 minutes. Then the burner (I assume it's the burner) turned off again.

Thanks for your help BTW, Rob

Reply to
bombaj

Sorry about the triple post, my browser was frozen and I kept pressing send.

Rob

Reply to
bombaj

Turn thermostat up until it is above the room temp. Go to the furnace and remove the doors. Look for a circuit board. Find door switch and press and hold it. System will now attempt to light. Look on the circuit board for a flashing red light. Look on door panels for corresponding flash codes. Which code is it flashing?

Reply to
Al Moran

Without being there there is no way I can troubleshoot it for you. your best bet is to call a local company to check it out and give it a good going over for safety sake.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail
Reply to
hvactech2