fuel tank replacement ?

Our 500 gal, above ground in unimproved celler is showing sings of it over 40 years age, so we our planning replaceing it before it leaks and fouls up our open dirt celler floor ( as happened in an other home 60 years ago 8-(.

We have had a estimate of $700.00 to pump out existing fuel, remove questionable tank and refill the tank in metro Boston,MA

Does this sound realistic for this market?

Ciao, Ack.

Reply to
thurston ackerman

"thurston ackerman" wrote

Go for it!

We charge $600 to swap out a 275 tank (and we are cheap!), so if you are getting a 500 for that price, I'd do it.......

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Would it not be easier to simply wait until the tank is at or near empty?

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

This is Turtle.

Right now your not using much oil and you can wait till it runs out in October when it is freezing out doors and then let it run out and then call the service people over to do it Right now because your cold and freezing. Then have the oil fuel tanker come out to fill it right now because your freezing.

Another point Where is empty ? zero to 50 gal.. Zero --- no extra weight or 50 gal. --- extra 350 pounds to deal with.

I don't think pumping out a tank is not all that bad of a thing.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE