fridge not defrosting

I have a Jennair side-by-side fridge (Model 2388ATB ). It is just not defrosting at all. I am doing that old fashion way by defrosting it once every 2 months.

What parts may be at fault most likely? Give me some clue to work on.

Daniel, Toronto

Reply to
dtong22

Frost free refrigerators have a small electrical heating element which is switched on periodically to melt ice in the evaporator, the part that gets cold. These are usually made up of a timer (mechanical or electronic) which turns on the heater, the heater itself, and a thermal switch which opens when the evaporator reaches a certain temperature deemed to indicate "defrosted". Any one of these can fail, I've had all 3 fail in different refrigerators. Pretty easy to test/repair. Here's some info:

Dan

Reply to
Dan

info:

Dan,

Thanks for the quick info. I am reading it now. This should help.

Daniel

Reply to
dtong22

Glad to help