Fridge/Freezer defrost problem.

Hi Some help required here please. I have an Iceland Fridge/Freezer, possibly 10+ years old now. The fridge has an auto-defrost facility. Looking within the back of the fridge is a plastic panel with a metal V-Shaped rod connected to the bottom of it, this rod leads to a drain hole. When the fridge begins to defrost automatically water drips from the plastic panel down this metal rod to the drain hole and out the back of the unit via a plastic pipe. Now connected to the plastic panel at the back of the fridge is a metal clip, U-Shaped about an inch long with two small teeth, which at supposed to keep it securely in place. This clip has a tendency to work itself loose and hang down at an angle just remaining connected by one set of its teeth. I recently moved this clip back into place (There are marks on the plastic panel where you can see it has been) but the fridge has now decided to remain on chilling constantly, the plastic panel has frozen water droplets on it. Behind the plastic panel I can see a small U-Shaped wire, which has a type of tin foil connecting between the U-Shape wire. I have tried to remove the plastic panel (It has four clips holding it in place) without success as I do not want to break it. Can someone explain what I may have done to cause this problem and is this a DIY fix? If not, is it worth the expense of getting it repaired or should I just buy a new fridge/freezer (In region of £300)? Thanks for any advice. Johno

Reply to
JohnEllicottington

plastic

Hi,

*I* don't know UK style appliances, but possible one of the people from the link below can help...
jeff. Appliance Repair Aid
Appliance Repair Aid