local code would by why, the fumes are poisonous when burnt. Another
example in my area 5/8" Firecode X drywall is all i can use in my
building, and my HD has it. Fire codes are getting tougher every year
and affect you when you sell.
The iso plastic can be poisonous, but the styrene foams are not "poisonous"
, but in quantity are not good for you. The products of combustion are the
same a a candle or kerosene lamp, mostly soot. Breathing too much soot from
any source in harmful.
With proper vapor barrier done, my choice would be spray foam(best
sealing air leak), next choice would w blown in fiberglass.
In my area code says minimum R20 for walls, R40 for ceiling, R13 for
in-ground walls like in basement.
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.