Fluid dynamics of the men's room

Leaving off the OT, since this is plainly serious science of concern to a.h.r.

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Red Green wrote in news:Xns9F54C0A6392ACRedGreen@69.16.185.252:

I'm a few months shy of 50, and I remember those. Remember how they used to be on a sort of a step-up from the main floor?

So how come you never see the floor-length urinals anymore?

I can guess a reason why you don't see them anymore: Too great of a chance of a Piso Mojado. Piso Mojado means Mucho Dinero for slip-and-fall lawyers.

And while on the topic, remember piss-troughs? How old do you need to be to remember those?

Reply to
Tegger

In junior high, I got an 'A' on a diorama/book report on a book called 'The Bathroom', by some fella named Kira, working for Calspan, IIRC. Diorama was an outhouse, and the report was on a couple of 3x5 cards that made the path up to it. Anyway, the book was a straight-up engineering study of what did and did not work about common plumbing fixtures of the day, including spatter patterns of standing males. There is a reason modern urinals have deeper sides and a more pronounced beak sticking forward.

As to piss-troughs- go to any county fair in a non-rich county. Let your nose point you to the smelliest building. It won't be the pigs, It'll be the mens room. Troughs are still pretty common in these older low-budget venues.

Reply to
aemeijers

Never found the troughs smelly, seemed they always had good water flow. Been a while since I've seen one. Still see the to-the floor deals in some rest areas and gas stations. Sometimes you have to take a wide stance (heh) to keep from tracking piss around when you're done. When I was in boot camp, for about a week my barracks pissed in lined plastic barrels. Something for a pharma company developing an anti-bleeding drug for hemophiliacs as I recall. By the time the liners were secured and carted off about mid-morning those barrels stunk. Funny thing is about 15 years later I mentioned that to a buddy who was on the detail to secure and remove the bags. He didn't remember them at all. So selective memory can be a good thing.

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

Red Green wrote in news:Xns9F5557122773ARedGreen@

69.16.185.252:

I'm not hanging out in the right places I guess...

Reply to
Tegger

That is probably the other reason they fell from favor. Whipping them out in front of an audience has taken on a different connotation than it used to.

Reply to
aemeijers

I've seen them in the last couple of years.

Reply to
krw

That may be the most convoluted "question" and "answer" ever published.

The OP starts with urinals then expands from that to splashing noises in "guests' homes".

How many people do you know with urinals in their homes...?

What the f*ck is a "guest home"? -----

- gpsman

Reply to
gpsman

.16.185.252:

Not that old. I can think of a couple county fairgrounds that still have them.

nate

Reply to
N8N