Flue Damper on double-wall chimney pipe??

I'm connecting a woodstove to a DuraVent triple-wall chimney using the double wall duravent pipe from the stove to the thimble in the ceiling.

But nothing in the instruct, pictures, etc makes any mention 9of where/how to install a flue damper in this pipe. You know ... the handle on the pipe you turn to control the draft through the chimney. Do I just drill it like normal single wall pipe? Is there some sort of adaptor section for this? Of course the dealer I bought it from is closed on Sundays :/ Thanks Eric

Reply to
ergeorge2000

On 11/22/2004 6:51 AM US(ET), Nick Hull took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

Probably because it is required by code in many jurisdictions.

Reply to
willshak

Why are you using insulated pipe between the stove & ceiling when you can get lots of free heat from an uninsulated single wall section?

Reply to
Nick Hull

You need 18" clearance from single-wall pipe, and I don't have it. Only need 6" with the double wall.

Reply to
ergeorge2000

Sometimes you can put up a metal section and still meet code with a single wall.

Reply to
Nick Hull

No-one seems to have answered your question. The answer AFAIK is you do not use a flue damper with an airtight stove, you control the draft with the stove controls. Your stove is almost assuredly an airtight.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Look here on my commercial site:

Part number is 8679 (6") or 8879 (8"). Both are in stock and I can ship immediately.

Reply to
John Galbreath Jr.