floor tile on shower walls?

The selection of ceramic floor tiles is much greater then wall tiles. I've found some pretty cool floor tiles and good prices. Can I put any ceramic floor tile on a shower wall? Do I need to avoid certain types, or does it not matter?

Reply to
Evan Mann

It really doesn't matter at all. Ceramic tile is ceramic tile. Think about it. Pat

Reply to
Patscga

Floor tile is fine.

Be careful, however, that if you end up with any raw edges, to seal them.

Reply to
Abe

Floor tiles are fine on walls, though you may have trouble finding trim to match. If you try to intersperse different tiles in a pattern, you need to deal with thickness differences.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Cochran

Floor tile often has a rougher texture, and may be more difficult to clean.

Reply to
Michael Baugh