floor protrusion when blocking joists from underneath

Okay, maybe I'm just being paranoid but I have to ask: Today I was cutting some blocks for between joists (i-joists) in my basement where I am going to put up a new wall in my basement finishing project. I cut the blocks to size, and left them just about 1/16th larger than the opening between the joists, figuring I could wedge them in and then they'd stay in place while I nailed them. Well, I got interrupted and took the blocks down and quit for the day. Now, on the floor above, I notice that the floor appears to be uneven, almost precisely at the spot where one of the joists I was working with is at. It happens to be where two pieces of plywood meet for the subfloor, and over it is carpet on the 1st floor of the house. I can't say for sure that it wasn't like that before since I don't go in that room all that often, but I really think I would have noticed. Is it possible that I caused this subfloor to heave just by squeezing the blocking in between the joists today, even though it was only for a matter of seconds? If so, how do I fix it, without tearing up the carpet and renailing?

Reply to
mattmeitzner