Flight MH370: Still confusion about order of events, and lying about waypoint navigation

There is still considerable confusion as to the order of events on that plane:

But the following has been repeated for several days now, and is a complete lie:

====================== Investigators are scrutinizing radar tapes from when the plane first departed Kuala Lumpur because they believe the tapes will show that after the plane first changed its course, it passed through several pre-established ?waypoints,? which are like virtual mile markers in the sky.

That would suggest the plane was under control of a knowledgeable pilot because passing through those points without using the computer would have been unlikely. =======================

I guarantee 100% that if I knew or looked up the location of those waypoints and programmed them into my 10-year-old Garmin Geko, the Geko could easily give me a direction / heading, speed, and ETA that would allow me to easily steer the plane to that location. I've used my Geko on dozens if not hundreds of flights over the past 10 years, and it has never failed to get a GPS fix from a window seat during all phases of a flight (taxi, takeoff, and landing).

When I program the coordinates of a runway, it has given me accurate information as to my height and ETA that correctly nails touchdown on the runway to within 50 ft and to within seconds.

The Geko would have no problems getting a GPS satellite fix given all the windows in the cockpit.

Why are the "officials" and the media continuing to try to make the public believe that civillians or terrorists wouldn't or couldn't use hand-held GPS devices on a plane - either to know their location or to steer a plane using them?

And a final thought:

The events and conjecture surrounding what fate this plane suffered has driven the nail firmly into coffin of the idea that a plane full of consumer electronic gadgets pose a threat to aircraft safety - because not one pundit or expert has included interference with onboard systems from passenger devices in the list of what could have happened to this plane.

Reply to
H0me^Gvy

I agree, If you looked around on the net, I bet you could dig up the operators manual for the flight control system on that particular plane. At that point it is not that much more complicated that setting up the nav system in your car.

I found the actual maps with way points and such on the net but I was not interested in paying $100-150 per area to down load them.

Reply to
gfretwell

I agree you could get to those waypoints various ways. But obviously whoever pulled this off, knew a lot about the plane. So, why would they be relying on a handheld GPS instead of entering them or forcing the pilots to enter the waypoints in the GPS?

But if you're not jet rated, not type rated in the 777, etc, good luck getting there. And if you are, then just entering the waypoints in the nav system is a lot easier. Why be tied down trying to fly the plane, when you don't have to?

Why would they bother? If they were capable of precision controlling the 777 to exactly hit those waypoints, then they would very likely be able to just enter the waypoints in the nav system.

They haven't because it's total nonsense. The FAA has tested all kinds of passenger devices and never found any capable of interfering. That's why they announced last year that they were giving the OK from a safety standpoint of cell phones being used. And what completely rules this out is we're not talking about a plane that suddenly lost it's way, or crashed out of the sky. We're talking about a plane that conveniently had it's communication cease right where it was handed off from Malaysian ATC to Vietanm ATC. Then it flew to two waypoints, hit them perfectly, and then made a turn aligning perfectly with the flight corridor to India/Middle East. How do you explain that, killing VHF, ACARS, Transponers too, from interference from a consumer electronic device?

Reply to
trader_4