I live in SW Florida, in an old house with an, almost flat roof. The cielings
are on one side of the joists, and the roof on the other side. There is no
insulation. Access to the soffets is not available to blow in insulation. On
either side of the roof "peak" we plan on cutting out a 6" wide piece of roof
decking, the length of the roof, and blowing in insulation, then reinstalling
the pieces of decking, and putting a piece of rolled roofing over the "peak" to
cover the work. We plan on replacing the roof in a few years.
1. Is it OK to have a 1/8" gap in the decking, where the saw cut was
made? If not what should it be sealed with?
2. How should the rolled roofing be attached?
3. what should be applied under the new rolled roofing?
4. Is there a better product to cover the "peak" with?
5. Can a rolled roofing, roof, be coated with a product like Cool
Thanks for any ideas, Can you guess, I'm not a Roofer?