Feedback please: Filling drywalled partition with concrete...

I'm posting a duplicate of this message until the title, "Re: Underground wiring questions...".

Ken

Reply to
guest987

I am not an electrician. I have been involved with commercial construction for over 40 years. Each type and diameter of conduit has a capacity rating based on size of wire and type of insulation. There are formulae for derating the number of allowed wires in a conduit based on several factors.

Most installations use conduit and wire. I have never seen a commercial electrician use Romex or direct bury cable in conduit. There is no reason to use direct bury cable. It has a UV inhibitor built into it and may or may not have an armored sheath to help prevent critters from chewing through it.

Your very best information will come from a licensed electrician in your area, preferably the one who will do the eventual tie in. Don't set him up with surprises that will have to be torn back out to be code compliant. Many electricians will work with an owner to do final tie in based on quality of rough in. They will want to see the rough in before the inspector.

DanG