Faux wood blind recommendations

We are just completing construction on our new home. It is a country house and we want to maintain that look. We love shutters, but they are just way too expensive for us right now. We have decided that re: wood vs faux wood, we'd rather go w/ faux wood re: to all the info people have shared w/ us re: real wood warping and fading over time vs the faux wood which apparently does not.

Here's my question: which faux wood blinds give you the best quality for the value spent? We don't want to go w/ the cheap stuff and have nothing but problems (we realize that you get what you pay for). However, we also are on a budget. We have a total of 22 windows which can be covered w/ blinds.

Any shared info, recommendations, experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Jennifer

Reply to
jennifer

I'm sure there are others who will disagree, but we have had good experience with the wood venetian blinds that Home Depot sells. Various lengths and cut to width for you. Anything longer that 72" is special order.

For what it is worth.

Gary

snipped-for-privacy@volcanomail.com wrote:

Reply to
gary

Reply to
A.D.C.

If you are looking for ready made blinds Lowes, HD or J C Penny all sell a decent value for the money. The are not the same quality as a custom made vinyl faux wood blind. With reasonable care you can expect 3-7 years of service based on usage. Price range of $20-40 per window depending on size.

A custom made faux blind such as the Hunter-Douglas wonder wood line will cost 3-4 times more per unit but should last virtually forever unless damaged.

Between the better ready mades and the custom you really won't be able to see much difference but the quality is in the things you can't see like headrail components, cord weight and UV stabilizers.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

It all depends if you want 1" or 2" blinds. In our previous home, we had the Home Depot Plantation Blinds (2" - faux wood). Looked great and performed well. We just moved into a new home and the 2 inch blinds will not fit in our window (I like the blinds inside mount instead of outside mount.) I looked everywhere (online included) for 1" faux wood blinds. Apparently there is no such thing. I had to order 1" real wood blinds made to fit. It cost me $280.00 for 2 windows. OUCH! In all fairness to the company, these 2 windows were an odd size. The faux wood would have been MUCH cheaper. If anyone out there knows of a source for 1" faux wood blinds, please advise as we have other windows to cover.

Debbie

Reply to
rfisher

Most 2" blinds will mount inside mount (IB) on any window that has 3/4" of flat surface at the side and above. I know there are a few windows that do not meet these requirements.

I do not know of any 1" faux. I have never seen one.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt