I'm looking for an upgrade to the pathetically minimal filters that came
with my American Standard gas furnace.
I like the idea of electostatic because:
- They are reusable with simple washing
- They have a very good tradeoff of high efficiency with minimal airflow
The Boair seems to get good reviews but is at the high end of the price
scale (~$70/filter) for electrostatic filters.
- Has anybody had good/bad experiences with them?
- Are they worth the price or is the 5-stage terminology just hype?
- Alternatively, any other brands to recommend?