Everwood Deck Treatment

Anyone ever tried this 'Everwood' wood treatment for a deck?

I had a company come over and they quoted me $1,800 to powerwash my

600 sqft. deck and apply this stuff!!!! Based on their description of 'the product' and the MSDS sheets, I could tell they are applying Everwood which I can buy online for $40 per gallon (I'll only need about 4 gallons).

I'm considering powerwashing the stain off my deck and applying this myself to save some serious cash. But, is it any good?

Thanks, Clocker

Reply to
Clocker

Consumer Reports just rated deck treatments although I have to disagree with their conclusion to use the solid stains. When the solids wear out how do you remove them to re-apply? Better off using the best semi stain so you don't have that problem. I could not find anyone willing to try to remove the solid stain from my deck.

Reply to
Art
1800 $ for a 4 gal and powerwash job , thats a hose job. And as Art says Semi transparent is best
Reply to
m Ransley

Has anyone ever heard of or used EVERWOOD?

Thanks, C

Reply to
Clocker

disagree with

out how do

stain so you

try to remove

Why would you have to remove them? I just clean them and apply the new coat. It seems to have worked fine for the dozen or so years since I bought the house.

Bob

Reply to
Bob