Ergonomics for showers?

How would you pour the walls? Turn the room on its side? :-)

Reply to
Doug Kanter

LOL! No I don't iron my socks or anything at all for that matter (after I get through with the shower I'll redesign the functionality of the laundry).

The single lever faucet is not so easy to understand. How can a single lever control both the heat of the water and its flow (cfm)? Is there some nanny deciding what temperature water I should shower in? If I take too much hot the great-nanny-in-the-sky will come along and say "You have to eat the cake too, not just the icing" or in this case "Here's some cold to give some pain with your pleasure." In fact, depending on water flow this does really happen. I want more water so I push the lever all the way to the left but that then makes the water too hot. How do I get more water without increasing or decreasing the temperature? Yeah, I know now--change the shower head--but it's not so obvious especially the first time you see one.

Reply to
SpamFree

There are woodworking tools that perform the function of table saw, shaper, jointer, plane, etc and probably make coffee when not otherwise occupied but most of us don't use them. We have dedicated function machines mostly because the set up time and effort each time you want to change the job of the multi-function tool is too much. So it goes here.

Imagine a six year old struggling to re-position that shower head; even I'd have a problem and I'm sure my wife would just throw up her hands in horror and insist on an immediate change. Maybe those sliding showers are OK where the users are all young adults but not for kids or those of us who require instruction manuals for single lever faucets (see my other post).

As to the other items these require different heads and to be in operation concurrently with the main shower (maybe the dog doesn't but I don't think he's even a candidate for my shower due to his claws). For ex: the intimate area washing head should produce a stream similar to a kitchen faucet (this is the sort of stream bidets produce) and needs to be at a lower temperature than the main shower. Your shoulders can take a lot more heat than your...er, unmentionables.

The feet washer isn't exactly for washing and isn't really a shower. The purpose is to soak your toenails preparatory to cutting them, something shower-only people give short shrift too. I don't really know how to do this but someone must have figured it out (wishful thinking perhaps?).

Reply to
SpamFree

SpamFree wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I can't agree with you here. The slide bar with a handset on a hose is easy to use, infinitely adjustable, and requires no effort to switch from one use to another. You can get slidebars that are usable (and adjustable) by anyone old enough to take a shower by themselves. Match this with a faucet that allows fast and precise temperature (and volume) changes, and you have a very nice system indeed.

Reply to
Murray Peterson

Who cares how it works? I have a single knob Moen in the shower. It works. A few years back, the debris from the deteriorating dip tube in my water heater caused problems inside the Moen faucet. Moen sent me new parts for free, although the problem was in no way the fault of their product. So....a faucet that works and a company that's obsessive about keeping customers happy.

Oh....and the Moen was installed when my son was about 3. He figured it out immediately. :-) Any kids in your family who could assist you when faucets confuse you?

Reply to
Doug Kanter