entry door

I have wood entry door that has a rubber weather stripping at the bottom which slides into a channel,does anybody have any ideas how to remove this without removing the door,it has to be replaced.,I know IM looking for an easy way out.Thanks

Reply to
Tony Pacc

can't imagine what would be easier than popping the hinge pins and taking off the door. that IS the easy way out.

Reply to
marson

If you are talking about the rubber weatherstripping only, it will usually slide out of the track or you can rip it off. If you want to remove the track from the bottom of the door and don't want to take out the 2 or 3 pins for the hinges you have a few options:

1 Use a sawzall to cut the screws 2 Hammer and chisel 3 Drill holes through the floor so you can access the screw from basement May require digging a basement under a slab foundation 4 remove the door jamb and lay it down so when you open the door you can access the screws
Reply to
RayV

Are you sure that you can get an exact replacement for the rubber part? You might hae to replace the whole piece (like the way on some cars you have to replace the whole wiper blade).

Reply to
scott21230