Electrician Costs? Installing a ceiling fan with new electrical box.

*Using only the remotes makes the installation easier. Tell the electricians giving you estimates that you don't want wall switches.
*Some electricians will make repairs and some don't. This could add a lot more to the cost as it usually takes more than one visit to completely finish the patch job on the drywall. Another visit would be required for painting. If the electrician won't make repairs then you will need to hire someone to do that.
*No. Every market is different. You need to get multiple estimates to determine who is high and who is low.
Reply to
John Grabowski
[snip]

and remember that wireless devices have a lot of problems that a wired switch wouldn't.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

You have to brace the 'lectric box for a fan since it's significantly heavier than a little ole light.

Renata

Reply to
Renata

You're right.

I installed a customer bought fan and had to go to Radio Shack for a $10.00 specialty battery. :-)

Reply to
Raleigh_3_Speed

It's impossible to really say whether a bid is OK or not without actually seeing the location where the work is to be done.

I thought I saw some really wild situations when I was in retail management, but it pales compared to some of the "handiwork" that others have done.

Ex. 24 gauge phone wire used in wiring up a ballast for a flourescent light.

Outta here.

Reply to
Raleigh_3_Speed

But the batteries tend to be expensive for some of the remotes.

Reply to
Raleigh_3_Speed