Electrical wiring gone wild - not a question

I can break cannonballs, just watch me.

Reply to
Eigenvector

I actually like the white switches better, they don't look like they have been exposed to 40 years of ozone like the off-white ones do. But, then again I was talked into replacing worn out switches with those flat decor style switches - I must have been high when that deal went down. God they look stupid.

Reply to
Eigenvector

I prefer white. Not enough to replace working switches and receptacles just for that, but I choose white for all replacements. Ivory looks like it's constantly dirty.

As for the Decora, I see no reason to consider them "looking stupid". The switches have a larger area, making then easier to use. I see no advantage for receptacles. I have used them because the receptacles and switches use the same shape cover plate, making it easier to find the combination you need (you just might want to put a switch, a receptacle, and a GFCI in the same 3-gang box).

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

I agree, that's what I'm using. I actually like the receps better as well because it seems like every standard recep in the house has the plastic cracked away around the ground connection like someone was wiggling the plug to get a good connection and the plastic which is very thin in that area just gave way.

It'll all be gone soon, in any case. Bought me a couple rolls of Romex and a fish tape and other assorted supplies last night :)

nate

Reply to
N8N