electrical outlet converter pigtail

What I would 'like' to do is be able to attach a l6-20P to a L6-30R. I am thinking of making a L6-30P with a 1ft pigtail (space problem near the L6-30R) to an L6-20R. The load is small and well with limits. I don't want to change the plug on the load to an L6-30P. As long as I keep from crossing wires , is there a problem with this?

Reply to
Mark Wollschlager

In article , snipped-for-privacy@xhis.com (Mark Wollschlager) writes: | What I would 'like' to do is be able to attach a l6-20P to a L6-30R. I | am thinking of making a L6-30P with a 1ft pigtail (space problem near | the L6-30R) to an L6-20R. | The load is small and well with limits. I don't want to change the plug | on the load to an L6-30P. | As long as I keep from crossing wires , is there a problem with this?

I see a lot of adapters like that in marine stores. They typically have a label which says something like ``made with UL recognized parts'' but are not themselves UL listed. My assumption has always been that to get one approved you would have to include an overcurrent protection device. (I wonder if you could get the inverse configurations--which also show up-- approved at all?) Since the stores don't seem to have any big liability concerns about selling the adapters, they probably haven't caused any serious problems... yet... :)

Dan Lanciani ddl@danlan.*com

Reply to
Dan Lanciani