Electrical help. (Adding outlet to light switch box)

I I I I [christmas presents]

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

quoted text -

I don't believe it is code compliant to switch the neutral, although my NEC is packed away in a very safe place.

As I said in my previous post however I'm certain that a receptacle in a bathroom by current code either needs to be on a 20A circuit that serves only that bathroom, or a 20A circuit that only feeds bathroom receptacles (that is, you can feed receps in more than one bathroom - not sure how many - but only if the circuit feeds *only* receptacles, e.g. lights, fan, etc. are on a different circuit.)

If the OP's bathroom does not have a recep then I am guessing that it does not have a dedicated 20A circuit either and likely the light and fan are on a 15A circuit that is a general lighting/recep circuit for that area of the house.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I agree but in a professional environment a lot of times things that are nice to do but are not required are not done for cost reasons. Time = money. I personally would always mark the wires but then again I am not a professional electrician.

Either in this thread or the one where the guy was installing the motion sensors someone mentioned that marking was not always required by code. I don't know when that change occurred but having worked primarily on older houses I'm assuming that unmarked wires were allowed when those houses were built - as I've never seen the wires marked!

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel