Electric Valve Recomendations?

I'm looking to control he flow of water between two tanks and am looking for an Electric Valve to be able to shut off the flow to one of the tanks.

There could potentially be no pressure on the inlet of the valve until the pump gets the water up to it. Though I don't see that as too much of an issue as if there is a bit of water that goes to a tank that does not need it, it should be okay...

Any Suggestions?

Thanks, Scott

Reply to
Scott Townsend

You'd need to know a bit more about the application, but for cost you won't beat a sprinkler (lawn) control valve. High flow capability. 24V control.

They are "pilot-operated" which means you do need some pressure present. They can be modified to use an external pressure signal when source pressure isn't sufficient.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Sprinkler valves are really cheap. Might do the job depending on application and setting. If you need something more durable, it might be worth building a (disposable) prototype based on such a valve just to get the design/specs right before constructing an industrial strength version.

You need to think about the pressure and flow rates you require -- diameter of pipe and material etc. Also what sort of power/voltage you'll be using for the controller.

Reply to
Malcolm Hoar

You're not giving much detail, but for good quality solenoid valves of all flavors, google "Asco"

Reply to
RBM

Thank you all for your replies.

So a bit more. Here is a Diagram of the System:

The 2 valves that I'm looking for are for the 2 Tanks. The 2 Clear ones on the top row.

We have a Well that will be supply>

Reply to
Scott Townsend

They end up being spendy but swimming pool valves sound like the answer. If you use the Jandys with the 2440 actuator they can be controlled with 24vac. I use a single pole double throw relay to operate the valve so I can run this system on 12vdc.

Reply to
gfretwell