electric range drip pans

Does anybody anywhere make stainless steel drip pans for ordinary range burners? I am pretty sure the answer is no, but one can hope. Everything is either some form of chromed steel with very little heat/ corrosion resistance, or else enameled steel, which lasts longer but also corrodes. I have never had these pans last longer than a couple of years. Stainless would discolor from the heat but would not rot, and you can usually clean it. It annoys me that so much stainless is used just for appearance (as in the exterior of gas grills), while an application where it would actually do some good is simply ignored.

Reply to
donald.girod

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:ba4991cf-283f-49ee-bc28-8637b00fe406 @w34g2000prm.googlegroups.com:

So what's it gonna cost to replace the crummy ones with another set of cheapos? I think I've seen a set of 4 at Target or the like for like 12 bucks. 6 bucks a year and you get brand new unblemished.

Reply to
Red Green

On Wed 14 May 2008 10:04:53p, Red Green told us...

You can also buy black porcelain enameled steel drip pans that can be cleaned in a self cleaning oven. That would be my choice.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

I'm not sure that you have a problem here. Like Red Green said $6 a year and your done. You'll spend more than that on cleaning supplies to keep the old ones. Lou

Reply to
Lou

Use aluminum foil to line the drip pans.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon