Electric chainsaws

Drug den:

I would think a breaching charge or shotgun breaching round would have been a lot quicker.

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

What, they couldn't force a lock on a storm door?

Reply to
Tekkie®

Snuffy-Hub-

several corded versions online, which is what I want. These have decent reviews. I don't want battery, can't use gas at this location. Anyone used either of these or know another one in the $120 or less range?

everything

- Thanks JC & AZ. I went to HD, Lowes, Walmart - all of which advertised 18-inch corded units. What none of the said in the ad was that all were internet-order only. Just got back with the Sears Craftsman. I'll post the model later and how it works out after a couple of days of cutting.

Craftsman 34102 is the one I got and it worked great. I first cut up some dry timber 8-12-inch diameter that had been felled a year ago. Cutting was clean and quick - 5-10 sections per cut.

Also cut a 14-in dia palm trunk. Also did a good job, even with all the fibers clogging things up.

Only thing wrong with the manual is doesn't show how to take off the cover and replaced it. After spending a fair amount of time figuring it out on my own, I see that it's simple to do. Good procedure would have helped. I had to clean out the fibers after each cut and it took me some time to figure out how to do it. Otherwise an excellent manual - written in "real" English with good illustrations. I like the "real" safety and operation tips it has and not just the usual disclaimers and legal crap.

Website has some videos of the using the saw

My... my extension cords were all 16AWG, too small for this 15A unit. Probably would have been fine for the little I was doing, but found a

50-ft 12AWG cord at Harbor Freight on sale for $18 less 20%. Imprint on cords says UL listed -- I have to believe it although I wonder how much of their stock is labeled properly.
Reply to
Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney