DUCT WORK TAPPING

Hello

Question, when the heat comes on, I hear a tapping noise in the duct work, what is it? How can I make it go away?

No one or aminal is in the duct and its not water.

Reply to
Bswap

It is expanding with the heat. To fix it you need to find exactly where it is coming from. You will need to get near the ducts and listen for the noise. Lets hope it is not coming from a duct un the wall. Then secure the duct and/or provide some form of expansion capability. It may need some sort of insulation between a hanger and the duct (like a piece of old rubber innertube).

Good Luck

Reply to
Joseph Meehan