DRYWALL

Hello

Getting ready to hang some drywall in my house (apx 60 sheets) my problem is that my wall is 8' 4" any suggestions on how to fill the gap.

Thanks

Reply to
Bswap

Baseboard!!!

Reply to
I-zheet M'drurz

Oh, now that's a great idea.

How about buying wide drywall and going horizontal. THey make it for situations like yours. If you're a vertical only man, buy longer sheets. The stuff is not that expensive.

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob

Use sheets longer than 8 feet and trim?

Steve

Reply to
Desert Traveler

WHY NOT JUST CUT 4 INCH SECTIONS TO FILL THE GAP AND TAPE AND MUD THEM. THE STUFF IS EASY TO CUT AND IF PROPERLY JOINED, THE SEAM, WILL BE INVISIBLE. (I ASSUME YOU ARE USING 4X8 SHEETS)

Reply to
D Smyth

Well hell, he asked.

Ha. Neither is 1x6 and quarter-round. He can use scraps to get proper depth and a solid nailing surface on the bottom of all of the studs.

Reply to
I-zheet M'drurz

Buy either 54" wide drywall or 9' tall drywall. Both are available at any good commercial drywall house. Probably cheaper than home despot.

The other choice I would make would be to run horizontal 4' top and bottom with the filler at mid point. It will be easier to reach and the joint can be covered by a 12" tape knife.

Keep the whole world singing. . . Dan G

(remove the 7)

Bswap wrote:

Reply to
Dan G

Don't think this one has been brought up yet:

Hang normal 8' sheets of drywall from the top down, and fill in the gap at the bottom with strips of 1/2" plywood. You can mud over the plywood, and have a firm nailer all the way around the perimeter of the room for baseboard.

JE

Reply to
Jon Endres, PE