Drips

I have a wooden deck. open on all sides and covered with a v groove tin roof. When the weather is damp I get drops of water forming on the underside of the roof and then dropping on the deck furniture. What causes this and how can I prevent it? Thanks for any reply

Reply to
Herb and Eneva

It's condensation. Heating the roof would stop it. Applying an insulating layer of foam, cork, or rubber might stop it. Spraying it with anti-fogging oil or rubbing it down with soap or wax might help a little. Tilting the roof enough so that the condensation can run along the low points to drip off in a less objectionable place would probably work, but generally I'd say just live with it. Stuff that's outside needs to be able to take a little water.

--Goedjn

Reply to
Goedjn

But to OP note if it's not a direct application there's at least a reasonable likelihood in a totally unheated area of simply having condesation above the insulation which is potentially worse in the long run than the present problem -- at least now it will dry up when the weather warms up/dries out.

Reply to
dpb