Tin condensation on wooden porch

I have an open wooden back porch with a silver tin roof that has condensation on the underside of the roof. It drips on every piece or furniture and even the wooden floor. How can we fix this the best and/or cheapest way? We live in the Pee Dee area of South Carolina

Reply to
Glendafloyd14

This is a common problem. Same as how your car windows get all fogged up when the outdoor air is colder than the inside air.

If spraying foam is too costly, I'd get some of the pink foam, at least

1" thick, cut it to fit tightly between the rafters. Push it up there, insert (toenail) a few nails or screws into the rafters, then seal it along the edges with spray foam (Great Stuff or similar). If it's a large roof, at least one vent would help too.
Reply to
Paintedcow

Grain bins have vents to help with that. What about vents like those used on campers? Would it be practical to blow some insulation against the bottom side of the roof so it won't cool so quickly when the sun isn't shining on it?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I wonder if the roof coatings for trailer houses and RVs would do any good.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman