DriCore as a subfloor for basement

Hi, I am interested in using DRICORE as a subfloor for my basement that was recently flooded. My contracter doesn't feel that the product is effecient. He is opting for the traditional method of :

1 put a tarp on top of the concrete.
  1. Place 2 X 4's.
  2. Place inuslation in between the 2 x 4 beams
  3. Place a vapour barrier on top
  4. Place a piece of plywood.

I don't know whether if he is uncomfortable with working with something relatively new or is it really because DRICORE has some flaws to it. He claims that they pop and curl at the end. Please help. I dont' want this to be a confrontation or appear to challenge his knowledge. I don't know how he will percieve my questions since I am also a girl and stereotypically don't know much about this construction stuff. PLEASE help because I don't want to spend 10000-15000 over a mediocore project. Thanks!

Reply to
kiwioui