Donating to NYC

Very thoughtful and on point. If only the intended audience would grab the excellent advice and run with it.

Reply to
George

If you eat a gallon of onions, I refuse to kiss you.

.

I buy the big containers of spices from Sam's Club and save them for pasta, cereal and other bulk food. You never know when you'll need a gallon of dried onions, black pepper or chili powder. :)

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Is that a board game? Weekend Christian?

.

I'm sure being the heathen you are, you will ask for forgiveness when you play weekend Christian.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

There is a second species class attached to humanity.

Homo Sapians Urbanis.

They are like a second species when they come from big eastern cities.

Yet 30 minutes outside of NYC..they are almost normal.

Shrug.

Indeed. And some people find it funny. It makes me sick and I refuse to watch it.

Soup Nazi????

Gunner

-- "President Obama is not going to lose. He will be re-elected. It is those of you who have these grand fantasies of that pip-squeak Romney actually having a chance at winning the election that will have to wake up to reality the day after the election. I hear there is plenty of room in the rest of the world where you can reside and establish new citizenship. Kirby Grant,

Reply to
Gunner

That won't happen, unless you're a pretty blue eyed blonde female.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Another lame shot in the dark...

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Almost. ;-)

Only an idiot would find that funny. Why the hell would anyone want to go to a place like that, in the first place. Pay outrageous prices for soup from an asshole?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Did any of the troops "get it" and start to pack in some supplies? Or did the Lawn Guyland types just transfer their dependance to you?

"Go see Col. Terrell, he's got all that kind of stuff."

.

I've met too many 'New yawkers' that brag that they never cook anything, since there is never a time they can't find a restaurant open. "I can just by a slice, anytime around the clock! Why keep food in the apartment?"

It was fun watching a couple guys from that area suffer through cold weather survival training at the US Army Cold Weather Test Site. It's a good thing they were given some old rations or they would have died. Then the fools were begging everyone for the two cigarettes that were older than they were. Ever see a fool try to light a cigarette from a roaring campfire at -40F? Not a pretty sight.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

This is last year's dehydrated onion eating champ:

Pucker up!

Christ>

That won't happen, unless you're a pretty blue eyed blonde female.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'm not in the dark. I've got night flashlights.

Christ>

Another lame shot in the dark...

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You were issued these items:

1: Arctic sleeping bag. 2: Tent half. (Canvas tarp) 3: Arctic insulated boots w/pressure release. 4: Folding Shovel. 5: A couple matches. 6: Korean war surplus rations.

You sat through a four hour class that told you what you had to do to be safe, and to survive three days at under -20F. Even then, some thought they were smarter than the instructors.

I wasn't a Col. The only Col. on base was the commander.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Silly rabbit! I use them in soup, chili and sauces.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

So, none work during the day? How sad!

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

When you really NEED something, you do like the officers and find a Sergeant.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Or an engineer who knows a general, and isn't afraid to knock him down if he gets in the way. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

It was a sitcom? It was said that the show was about absolutely nothing. O_o

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I think you are missing a letter in that last word.

Full of absolute zeros?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Speaking of which..I have a brand new pair of those Mickey Mouse boots..the inflatable Arctic boots in size 9 that I picked up at a yard sale. Bata made (makers name..good maker). These are true GI issue, and as far as I can determine..absolutely brand new.

Anyone want them? $10 plus shipping at cost.

Winter is indeed coming.

Anyone? They go on Ebay in 2 days if no one wants t hem.

Gunner

-- "President Obama is not going to lose. He will be re-elected. It is those of you who have these grand fantasies of that pip-squeak Romney actually having a chance at winning the election that will have to wake up to reality the day after the election. I hear there is plenty of room in the rest of the world where you can reside and establish new citizenship. Kirby Grant,

Reply to
Gunner

Gunner on Mon, 05 Nov 2012 18:46:13 -0800 typed in alt.survival the following:

Well, of course, Argon is a Noble Gas. SO of course the gas will last.

Oh, what? You meant the other stuff in the jar? "Never mind!"

tschus pyotr

p.s. I find myself in Costoc, etc, looking at the square jars and thinking "I want that jar, but I don't like peanut-butter stuffed pretzels - not that much."

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

"Michael A. Terrell" on Tue, 06 Nov 2012

08:17:36 -0500 typed >> >> >Gunner wrote:

Because everybody goes there, of course.

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich