dog friendly flooring without slipping

Hi, What is the best flooring for dogs other than carpet? Not laminate as this proved me that dogs slip with this when they jump or run around, same thing happens with hard wood. My dogs jump up and down the sofa and wrestle all the time. They fall on there backs on the floor.

My carpet is getting dirty and I would like to replace it dog friendly flooring other than carpet.

Thx, kel

Reply to
Kelly

Kelly

I put down tile through out the home. It has an slightly irregular surface and the old dog does well on it.

Reply to
SQLit

I have seen some vinyl sheet which has little circles (about the size of nickels) on it, raised. Looks very nice and would offer lots of traction.

with aloha, Thunder the dog. smithfarms.com Farmers of 100% Kona Coffee & other Great Stuff

Reply to
smithfarms pure kona

Concrete, and you won't have to have their nails clipped.

Reply to
willshak

A speculative guess...cork. Maybe someone who has this nifty product could confirm its utility in this respect. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

What about dogwood? Or maybe they make bark flooring? Or Astro-turf?

Sorry about that... but seriously sliding is a fact of life with any surface that's easy to clean, sort of by definition. Our cats slip and slide all over our wood floors, it's hilarious. Hard not to laugh when they run towards a corner and don't quite make it around...

Anyway you can get tiles with a natural stone looking surface that won't be slippery, but that probably isn't a good look for a typical living area. Alternatively, get wood floors (expensive, but if you can afford it they are beautiful and long-lasting) and use large area rugs.

Reply to
Jamie

We have cork, we don't have dogs, but we have a kid who loves to slide across the cork floor so I can't say it is any less slippery than our hardwood. This may be because ours is also coated with Varathane, so basically the same as hardwood or any other surface coated with Varathane. I'd think if you had cork without any surface protection that a dog's nails would tear it up pretty good.

Reply to
blue

How would it hold up with the nails though?

JennP.

Reply to
newfy.1