Dog Door Plans (Energy Efficient)

Anyone know of any plans on the internet to build an energy efficient dog door (from the house to the outside)? (My current one has plastic flaps and stays open when the wind is blowing (and even if it is not lets a lot of air through).

PS. Where do you get the heavy plastic that you find in dog doors. What kind of plastic is it? (Mine is starting to fall apart)

Reply to
Jonathan Grobe

I'd need one to prevent the little monster from sneaking out of the house with one of my wife's shoes. She leaves mine alone, and is pretty good about not chewing 'em up when she is likely to be observed. But if she gets the chance to grab one and sneak out of the house with it, all bets are off. She's most fond of shoes with custom orthoics. $$$$.

Something along the lines of this:

(Just a brief description of the "cat can't come in if it's carrying a mouse or bird" cat door project... the really fun main page seems to be down, alas.)

Reply to
Mike Van Pelt