Does the read and white wire go together on a light switch?

You don't know that, without knowing how the original switch was wired.

Reply to
Doug Miller

I got it working, but the wire colors were differently placed than the book, the white one went to the common and black was one of the 'travellers," red, of course, was the other. I looked at the other switch and it had two black and one red, so I don't know. It worked and no fires or deaths yet.

Reply to
jmDesktop

Only wimps worry about live circuits! A little shot of 120V helps to keep your teeth clean.

Reply to
Everett M. Greene

That sounds right, each switch should have two black and one red. one black from the fusebox, one black and one red for the travelers (present at both switches,) and one black to the light fixture.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Try again...