Does the color of electrical staples matter?

I am running a #12 cable. I don't have enough yellow staples for it, but have a big bag of orange staples I will probably never use. Can I use them with the yellow cable? They are identical except for color, but I don't want to run afoul of some obscure code, especially when the color contrast is so obvious. Thanks.

Reply to
Toller

Wade, you really ought to wait to post until after you sober up.

Reply to
Doug Miller

It depends on how long you plan to live in the house. With #12 cable, the induction in the wire is high enough to eventually turn the orange staple yellow. It won't match exactly, but close enough to satisfy code needs.

I ran some wire in 2002 with orange staples, and they're a uniform yellow now. Depending on where you live, it might take less than five years. Do you have a surge suppressor? If you do, I suggest alternating white and orange staples.

Reply to
Bas