Do driveway sealers really do anything?

Heh, good analogy.

Good to know. I was a bit of a loss to explain the obvious to him, so I kinda gave up. (Gee, I installed new door hardware - being not someone who does this ever' day, I screwed up the first one, had to pull it out and re-install it, took more time and a little agita. My use of time was more than if I called my GC for a silly coupla door knobs, so it's not cost-effective huh? Yes, one should count one's own labor in driveway sealing if you do it that way, but to one's own value on time, not to what a paving machine brought on site can do! He's whacked.)

Banty

Reply to
Banty

"BTW - On this particular subject of driveway sealers, Kinch thinks that everyone lives in Florida as he does. "

...isn't that supposed to be "Everyone like him lives in Florida"?

-Jim

Reply to
jtpr

One would assume that anonymous-pseudonymous-cowardly posters were the whacky ones, not the guy with actual figures and analysis and the character to back it up.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

So! Do you actually have something to say regarding my point? Or, are you to be off on another campaign, this time about Usenet monikers?

Banty

Reply to
Banty

Using a nickname in usenet is a long established tradition and has nothing to do with someone's veracity. Using that to try and gain traction when you are losing a debate is a very weak ploy that impresses no one. Using your real name just adds evidence that if not totally whacky, (there's plenty of evidence) you are at the least, very foolish.

Terry & Skipper, Clearlake Texas

Reply to
Mys Terry

Or top 1/2 your driveway and see how the up-topped side holds up compared to the topped side! Do it every couple years and report back in 10 years so we all know if we should keep topping or stop!

Reply to
Mark

Usenet is vile *because* of anonymity. For example, it allows *you* to insult respectible people with impunity. This is the very essence of cowardice, to harm without facing the fair consequences.

To this thread I contributed my technical opinion, written clearly, with facts and analysis to back it up, based on decades of homeowning experience with a solid engineering background. Some people make a constructive debate out of such material. Your contribution: a traditional spewing of banal insults while hiding behind a traditional (although untraditionally faggy) pseudonym. What bizarre amusement.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

I think this response from you says it all. Thanks for bolstering my case.

Terry & Skipper, Clearlake Texas

Reply to
Mys Terry

There you go - he should take an empirical approach, if he's to convince those of us who actually want to maintain our properties, not just wait until things break or go bad and replace things.

Banty

Reply to
Banty