DIY Skylight blinds??

Hi I have two skylights in my bedroom, theyre 19 wide an 36 inch tall and within easy reach, but they let in alot of heat in the summer and I'd like to get blinds for them. The price of these things are ridiculous. Heres an example, these are actually some of the cheaper ones.

material is not expensive. A regular blind made of this stuff for the size I need would be $30 at most. I would just need a track for it to fit in, can anyone think of cheap materials I could use to make a track for the sides and bottom thats the blind will slide in? thanks

There is a little more to them than the track. They are corded differently so that they may be pulled both ways.

And you are correct the prices are a bit on the high side.

They sell an interesting collection of bent metals at the BORG. Both Lowes and Home Depot have some metals on the hardware aisle that you might be able to use. You may be surprised at the cost.

The custom blinds use a U shaped channel but I see no reason why you should not be able to build a slightly harder to install version out of an L shaped metal. Your chances for success improve if you don't want to open and close the shade.

Reply to
Colbyt