DIY patio

What's the best way to make an inexpensive patio? Our priority is reducing mud tracked in on dog's feet.
replying to Marta, RobbD wrote: You don't mention where you're located, weather conditions, size of patio, etc. In general I would recommend concrete pavers, either plain or fancy, laid on a bed of sand, and graded away from the house. Pavers are relatively in expensive and will probably outlast your house. They can be natural concrete color or tinted. The interlocking pavers are really nice, but do cost a bit more.
replying to RobbD, RobbD wrote: I should have also mention that concrete pavers are usually carried at Lowe's or Home Depot, as well as building supply companies. I'm not sure which would be cheaper. At another house we used interlocking pavers to create a walkway along the side of our house from the driveway to the back of the house patio. It was abouta 3 ft wide and 30 ft long. I don't recall exactly what it cost, but we didn't consider it expensive.
On 5/28/2017 4:14 AM, Marta wrote:

You can buy some interlocking paver and simply lay them on the ground or even do the same with thick concrete pavers. Though, without a proper base, they will most likely move throughout the years as the ground shifts and changes.
On 5/28/2017 3:14 AM, Marta wrote:

Clean out any grass and weeds in the area you want as a patio area, and spread pea gravel in the area about an inch thick. It's just enough to embed into the top layer of dirt, and still have some gravel above the dirt level to keep feet from being muddied. Works great.
--
Maggie

On 5/28/17 3:14 AM, Marta wrote:

Astroturf or synthetic grass?
On 5/28/17 4:14 AM, Marta wrote:

Get rid of the mutt. Problem solved...
--
Everyone brings joy to my life. Some when they enter it and some when
they leave it.
On 5/28/2017 3:31 PM, Travis Bickle wrote:

Around here that would be like getting rid of one of the kids ... you must really be a heartless SOB to even suggest it . Dogs love unconditionally , to the point of giving their life for you even if you don't deserve it . I try hard to be worthy of our dog's love .
--
Snag
On 5/28/2017 5:10 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

You probably a PITA freak who would step over a crying starving human child to pick up a whining puppy? ┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘
[8~{} Unc1e Funky M0nstur
On 5/28/2017 4:38 PM, Funky Munster wrote:

You quite obviously don't know me . And you're not fooling anyone with your sad attempt to spoof Unc .
--
Snag
On 5/28/17 5:10 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Get help dude.
At a minimum, learn the difference between genuine human emotion vs. a beast licking the last hand that fed him ;-)
On 5/29/2017 12:06 PM, Travis Bickle wrote:

It appears you are beyond help . Get some professional counseling for your denial problems . Emotion is not just a human thing ... but you wouldn't know .
--
Snag
On 5/29/2017 2:55 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Well, the OP is still a dumb ass judging by the post. Travis OTOH. . . What can I say. I used to deal with such individuals from time to time. Reports would use an abbreviation in reference to such folks: "NHI" which stood for "No Humans Involved:
;)
On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 3:14:05 AM UTC-5, Marta wrote:

Another retard posting from HomeMOANERShub. Make that stupid dog stay outside and mud won't be tracked into your hovel.
On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 5:45:58 PM UTC-4, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:

Idiot
On 5/28/2017 4:45 PM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:

While I agree with the moaners stupidity , what have you got against dogs ? The most loyal friend a person can have ... see my response to Travis Bickle above . He apparently doesn't like 'em either .
--
Snag
On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 7:39:00 PM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:

What is really idiotic about people who say things like "posting *from* HOH" is that the poster has nothing to do with the fact that their post ends up in a.h.r. They posted *on* or *at* the HOH site or *in* the HOH forum. The "from" isn't their fault and there is no setting that allows them to prevent the propagation of their post to other places.
If the same person posted the same question, worded the same way, directly in a.h.r would they still be called a "retard"? Maybe by certain idiots, but at least it would be based on their question, not on where they posted it.
Besides, look at the sorry state of a.h.r these days. It's full of trolls, people that only want to talk politics, and so much OT crap that there is no reason for anyone to expect a proper discussion on a home repair related issue. Why would anyone suddenly embrace this usenet group as their primary place to ask home repair related questions? Give this thread a couple of more minutes and it'll morph into an "impeach Trump" or "poor snowflake" thread.
Yeah, yeah, go ahead...give me the standard "Then go away if you don't like it" response.
Nah, I think I'll hang around and keep laughing at the idiots that post their drivel here.
On 5/28/2017 8:11 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I have no problem with those who come in with a question . Those who respond to a 20 year old thread as if it were posted yesterday are a different matter .

--
Snag
On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 9:30:20 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

High 5!
On Monday, May 29, 2017 at 12:35:34 AM UTC-4, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:

Which was not the case in in this thread, yet you called it a "retard post" .
So you apparently *do* have a problem with those that come in with a questi on.
Your "High 5” to Snag's comment is complete BS in your case.