Dimming Ballast Wiring Questions

I recently was given 9 advance ballast IZT-3S32-SC. These are dimming ballasts for 2 lamps. Can they be used with just two lamps like some where you just don't use one of the wires? Also, I have googled and cannot figure out if the purple and grey wire have to have voltage on them to fire the lamps or not. I think from what I have read, that to get 100% output, you have to put 10V dc on them but I am not sure. If this is true, where do you get the 10V? Anyone have any experience with them? Here is a link to the Spec Sheet

Thanks,

Roanin

Reply to
Roanin

You need a source of 0 to 10 volts. This can come from a dimmer similar to this one.

Ralph Mowery